WAgibiMKmYvSj4hDhtXxp_xbM5c =10KNews=: Psy's "Gangnam Style" Video Hits One Billion Views on YouTube, VEVO

Saturday 22 December 2012

Psy's "Gangnam Style" Video Hits One Billion Views on YouTube, VEVO


Psy is one in a billion!

Just five months after the South Korean rapper's "Gangnam Style" video was posted to YouTube -- and one month after it surpassed Justin Bieber's "Baby" as the most-watched clip in the history of the site -- the viral song-and-dance phenomenon has hit a new milestone.

On Friday, Dec. 21, the double-platinum single made history as the first-ever video to surpass one billion views. According to a release from Republic Records, "Gangnam Style" is watched between 7 million and 10 million times daily -- and that doesn't include the countless fan clips that have sprung up.

"I didn't even imagine 'Gangnam Style' would get one million views, let alone one billion views!" the K-Pop superstar said in the release about his record-setting success. "Is this the Tru-PSY show?"

"I can't compare it to anything else!" he added in an interview with MTV News. "In 2012, I experienced so many things; it's been a tremendous year, but to accomplish this, it's really something that stands out. Because it all began with YouTube, and to have [the video] reach 1 billion views...I don't think even I can break that record!"

Which is not to say he won't try. "I'm really working hard on a new single right now, because I want to prove I can do it one more time," he told MTV. "I'm not going to say I don't feel pressure, but, you know, the pressure is what it is. Right now, my manager says I should just go back to Korea and party, so maybe I'll listen to him."

Psy has certainly earned a little vacation. Over the last five months, the rapper has performed the hit song-and dance with the likes of Britney Spears, Madonna, the Jersey Shore cast, U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, and '90s hip hop star MC Hammer, who joined the musician onstage at the American Music Awards in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment